Saturday, December 26, 2009

At dad's home for the holidays

These photos are from a visit to my dad and stepmother's house last month. Through documenting their house and our gathering for the holidays, I've found an interesting theme that I plan on revisiting. Having the three generations present that include my daughter, a situation is created to examine the connections we have to place and each other. I remember objects in the house from my childhood and their effect on me and the memories and emotions they can elicit. I know my daughter will have her own experiences and memories formed from visiting her grandparents and having holidays together. As my dad and stepmother move into retirement I'm sure there will be changes to their day to day activities and looking at the domesticity of the home as it provides a place for social interaction as well as privacy is an interesting concept and one I'll examine on my subsequent visits.










No comments:

Post a Comment